Menghubungkan dua gagasan dengan BECAUSE
Because mengekpresikan sebuah sebab / alasan. Because digunakan untuk menggabungkan dua kalimat yang terdiri dari :
Main Clause (klausa utama) misal : The children were upset
Adverb Caluse (klausa keterangan) : There was no food in the house
Penggabungan : The children were upset because there was no food in the house.
Penggabungan dengan because tidak memerlukan tanda koma dalam penulisannya, jadi frasa di atas tidak bisa dituliskan sbb :
The children were upset, Because there was no food in the house
Penggunaan koma dilakukan jika Because ditulis di bagian depan sbb :
Because there was no food in the house, the children were upset.
Coba gabungkan du kalimat ini sebagai latihan :
- The bridge is closed. We can't drive to the other side of river.
- He was busy. He couldn't pick up the the telephone
- I stayed under the tree. The sun was too hot.
- The weather was not good. We couldn't go to the swimming pool.
- The flood run into the city. It was the heavy rain